Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have a can of Nutribar Meal Replacement Powder that I don't particularly care for. So, in attempt to use it up, I created this recipe which in turn, also gives me my chocolate and coffee fix, without too much guilt. They turned out pretty nice... especially served hot with a scoop of vanilla frozen yoghurt! I came up with Nutribar Vanilla Frosting to compliment this.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup meal-replacement powder vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 (12 1/2 g) envelopeof french vanilla instant cappuccino mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- Beat egg whites with oil at high speed.
- In the meantime, sift flour and meal replacement powder with sugar, cocoa, coffee mix, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine dry ingredients with the eggs and oil. Mix until batter is dark and smooth.
- Pour into a wax-paper lined 8" round or square pan.
- Bake at 350F 15 minutes (see note).
- Note: I baked mine in a small convection oven. You may need to adjust baking time if using a conventional oven.