Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tell the kids they can have these cookies for breakfast-they'll love it!! Sugar-free nutrious cookies that taste great!!!
- 1⁄2 cup hard margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup liquid honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened medium coconut
- 1 cup sultana raisin
- 3⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream margarine and peanut butter in large bowl. Add honey, eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add remaining 9 ingredients. Stir well. Roll dough into balls, using 1 tbsp for each. Flatten slightly. Arrange cookies about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 12 minutes or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing wire racks to cool.
These are very good cookies which are not as sweet as traditional cookies making them ideal for breakfast on the run.