Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The Ethnic Paris Cookbook" by Charlotte Puckette and Olivia Kiang-Snaije.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 zucchini, grated
- To make the dressing, combine the salt, nutmeg, cumin, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper, to taste, in a salad bowl.
- Just before serving, add grated zucchini to the bowl and toss in the dressing.
Instead of shredding the zucchini I sliced them, lightly oiled with olive oil
and grilled for about 5 minutes. I made a little too much of the dressing
and it was perfect stirred into mayonnaise and used as a dipping
sauce for steamed baby artichokes. Garnished with fresh flat leaf parsley and lemon zest.
A perfect side with our main of fried eggs over wilted arugula served with avocado slices and
fresh radishes from our CSA box, Recipe#363332 and the steamed artichokes. Recipe was prepared several hours early and served at room temperature. Reviewed for Veg Tag/June.
I'm not terribly fond of cumin so cut that ingredient back to rounded 1/8 teaspoon, then used lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! We do like zucchini, however, & the addition of nutmeg was a great treat! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed in All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag]