Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious syrup to serve over pancakes or waffles or whatever else you'd like. Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- In large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and water until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter, vanilla and rum extract, if desired.
So easy and so delicious! I love nutmeg and this didn't disappoint! I had it on pancakes, but I think it would be delicious on ice cream. I used the rum extract, but may leave it out next time, so more of the nutmeg shines through!