Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
These nutmeg-flavored muffins taste great with coffe and make the house smell delicious when you bake them.
- 453.59 g all-purpose flour
- 113.39 g all-purpose flour or 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 297.66 g sugar or 354.88 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml ground nutmeg
- 141.74 g butter, melted
- 354.88 ml cream
- 354.88 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 85.04 g butter, melted (optional)
- 118.29 ml sugar (optional)
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter 14 muffin cups.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Warm the butter, cream, and milk just until lukewarm, then whisk in the eggs.
- Using a wooden spoon or a flat spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients just until mixed.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and lightly browned.
- Turn the muffins out onto a rack.
- Serve plain or dip each muffin in melted butter, and then roll it in the sugar mixture.