1/1 Photo of Nutmeg Molasses Cookies
This is from a Treasury of Holiday Cookies, a supermarket booklet that I picked up a couple of years ago. I have wanted to make these cookies and keep misplacing the booklet. If I post it, maybe I will make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2Beat the sugar, shortening, molasses and vanilla at medium speed until creamy.
- 3Add eggs, beating well after each; gradually add flour mixture, mixing at low speed until blended.
- 4Beat at medium speed until thick dough forms; shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- 5Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies look dry, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutmeg Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 64.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g