- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup finely ground almonds, toasted before grinding (about 3-oz)
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Stir in ground almonds.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet/s.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl combine icing sugar and nutmeg.
- Gently roll cooled cookies in the sugar mixture.