These cookies simply melt in you mouth, they make a great addition to any holiday cookie platter :)
Make and share this Nutmeg Meltaways recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Stir in ground almonds.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet/s.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl combine icing sugar and nutmeg.
- Gently roll cooled cookies in the sugar mixture.