Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
These cookies simply melt in you mouth, they make a great addition to any holiday cookie platter :)
Make and share this Nutmeg Meltaways recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Stir in ground almonds.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet/s.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl combine icing sugar and nutmeg.
- Gently roll cooled cookies in the sugar mixture.
I messed up and added the nutmeg to the cookie mix, they still came out real good! A keeper!
OMGoodness! I have searched forever for my Mama's Christmas Meltaway Cookies and lo and behold ... you have posted it here! The only thing different than Mama's is the nutmeg but I left it out for half the batch and added it for the 2nd half. Oops ... I also changed the ground almonds to ground pecans. We had pecan trees in our yard growing up so we used those nutmeats a lot. Thank you again for absolutely making my day!
Kit - you just keep putting out these 5 star recipes! I made these for a church celebration service and they received rave reviews and many people commenting on how their moms used to make these or how they wanted the recipe! Made exactly as written - very simple to do, even beginner cooks can make these with ease. Tagged in 1.2.3 Hit Wonders 2008