Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received these as part of a Christmas Bake Exchange. The person who brought these said they are her most favourite Christmas treat. I am glad she decided to share the recipe :)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rum extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- chocolate, for drizzle
- Cream together first 3 ingredients and then slowly add sugar. Blend in egg. Add flour and nutmeg gradually and mix well.
- Shape dough on lightly floured surface into long longs 1/2 inch in diameter. Cut into 2 inch lengths.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12- 15 minutes or until golden.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- These freeze very well.
These cookies look really nice but I found them to be too dry with not a lot of flavour.
Fantastic recipe! I used 2 tbsp of rum, not rum extract. The cookies came out tasting exactly like egg nog. Perfect for the holidays!
I made these last night for a church function and had only 1 hr before I had to be out the door. I made the recipe as stated other than that I used a rum glaze over the logs as I didn't have time to wait for chocolate to melt and then harden. Everyone really loved them, they are light and buttery, great taste and VERY quick. I also loved the shape, something different is always nice! I will definitely make these again, maybe with anise extract in place of the rum.