Recipe by Queenkungfu
This sauce can be made a few days ahead and stored in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve with your Christmas pudding. From Crabtree and Evelyn.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cognac or 1⁄4 cup other brandy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Add cognac, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt and beat until very light.
- If sauce seems too stiff, slowly add up to 2 tablespoons of cream.
- Spoon into a small serving dish and grate a little nutmeg over top.