1 hr 10 mins
Chef #340291's Note:
This is from my Grandma's recipe, but I have changed it over ther years. My family loves this for breakfast and it is a tradition on Christmas morning with hot cinnamons rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1warm milk either in microwave or on stove top.
- 2combine eggs, salt, and sugar.
- 3add milk slowly stirring constantly.
- 4add vanilla.
- 5pour into heavy pyrex casserole dish (square deep ones work best) or custard cups.
- 6sprinkle with nutmeg & cinnamon.
- 7place in a cake pan 1/4 the way filled with water.
- 8bake at 350 for an hour or till knife comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutmeg Egg Custard
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.4
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 436.5 mg
- Sodium 368.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 20.2 g