Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from http://decadenze.com/
Make and share this Nutella Swirl Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake or muffin liners.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl. Leave aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl till texture is light.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time till fully incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients into the wet mix till well-mixed.
- Fill up each liner with batter till about 3/4 full.
- Top up each cupcake with approximately 1 tbsp of nutella. Use a toothpick to swirl the nutella into the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove individual cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack before storing.
This a fast and very delicious cupcake all the kids would love it - we did add just under 3/4 cup of milk
These cupcakes are delicious, however, recipe needs revision. cupcakes were not as moist as they should be. most cupcakes recipes call for 1/2 cup of milk or some sort of liquid, this one is missing the liquid ingredient!!! I added 1/3 cup of milk as advised by others and still they weren't moist enough. I will make some additions and will post results.
Very delicious and unusual cupcake! I wanted to use the entire Nutella jar up so I decided to frost these after baking. Because that would have hidden the swirl on top, I got past that by putting the Nutella in a pastry bag and piped a good bit of it onto 1/2 the batter in each well, and then covered it with remaining batter. This worked out excellently; it was like a Nutella-filled cupcake with Nutella frosting. Just delicious with milk or a steaming cup of coffee.