1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Nice fall type cookie. The recipe is from Nutella's Sweet Seasons of Taste Cookbook. The recipe calls for Halloween type decorations but any cookie cutter design of your choice is fine. Turkeys and autumn leaves for example for Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1To make Nutella Spiced Sugar Cookies: In a medium bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar with a hand mixer on high speed for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 1 minute.
- 3Stir in the remaining dry ingredients on low speed just until combined.
- 4divide the dough in half and flatten each piece slightly (about 1-inch thickness), cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- 5Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 6Roll out each piece on wax paper to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 7Use cookie cutters to cut desired shapes.
- 8For Halloween bats, pumpkins, headstones and owls are appropriate shapes.
- 9Bake on on cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- 10Cool completely.
- 11To Make the Glaze: Heat the Nutella, milk and confectioner's sugar in a small pot over low heat until combined and slightly warm.
- 12Spread each cookie with the glaze and decorate as desired with jimmies, sprinkles, mini chips, or halloween candy.
- 13Allow to set on a wire rack.
- 14Store in an airtight container.
- 15Theese cookies can be baked ahead of time and frozen, unglazed for up to 6 weeks if stored in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutella Spiced Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 63.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g