Recipe by Pumpkie
This is from Everyday Italian Giada De Laurentiis's first cookbook. I made these for a sleepover as a snack. The recipe does not call for butter to grille the bread, I did put a light coating of butter on the bread. I'm sure you can do it either way.
Top Review by lauralie41
A very simple and tasty sandwich. I used my grill pan and also buttered the bread for grilling. Could not find ciabatta bread so i used sour dough. Spread the nutella while the bread was still warm than cut in half and served. I enjoyed this sandwich with my coffee this morning for breakfast. Thank you *666* for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Secret Ingredient Game.
- 2 slices ciabatta, sliced a 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup nutella, spread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a griddle or a ridged grille pan over a medium heat.
- Grill the bread until toasted 2 minutes per side.
- Spread the Nutella over one piece of grilled bread and top with second piece of toast.
- The directions do not state to add butter to grille the bread but I did put a thin layer of butter on the bread to grille it.