Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
From Culinary Concoctions by Peabody. You can use store bought sugar cookie dough too.
Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1064.65 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 1774.42 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml cream of tartar
To Assemble Cookies
- 118.29 ml nutella, spread
- 44.37 ml white chocolate chips
- 44.37 ml chocolate chips
- Make Sugar Cookie Dough.
- Cream the powdered sugar and butter for at least 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and scrape down the bowl after each egg.
- Add vanilla and mix for 2 more minutes.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar while mixer is on slow speed. Mix till you have a smooth dough.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before rolling out.
- To Assemble and Bake Cookies:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out cookie dough to about a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter or a glass dipped in flour, cut out rounds. (I used a 2 3/4 inch round cookie cutter.).
- Using a piping bag or plastic bag with the end snipped off, pipe about 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella into the center of each round.
- Fold rounds over to create half moon shapes and gently seal edges.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove to racks and cool completely.
- When cookies are completely cooled, melt chocolate chips in microwave (about 1 minute.).
- Remove and using a fork, drizzle chocolate over cookies.
- Repeat with white chocolate chips.