Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Decadent mousse that uses yummy, yummy Nutella! Cook time is chill time.
- Combine heavy cream and coffee granules in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir until dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Add Nutella.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium for 1 minute.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl, and continue beating for about 1 minute until very soft peaks form.
- (Note: Mousse mixture is very soft/loose at this point, but will firm up when chilled.) Divide evenly into individual serving dishes, and chill at least 4 hours.
- If desired, top with whipped cream just before serving.
- (Weight Watchers: 10 pts).
Served this mousse on top of crumbled up pecan brownies in mini plastic martini glasses. I put the mousse in a pastry bag and piped it on top of the crumbled brownie. It was the hit of the party. Everyone was raving about it, and it was so easy to make (I will mention that the hazelnut flavor was lost a little bit when combined with the brownie, but the texture combination was amazing). I will be serving this again for sure.
This is AWESOME!! I could easily eat it all by myself, and I only wish I could give this one more stars!! This is incredibly easy, and tastes gourmet. I made this twice and found that I liked the texture a bit better when I beat it to stiffer peaks versus soft peaks. I actually turned this one into a trifle, alternating layers of chocolate cake, nutella mouse, and whipped cream. I then topped it with shaved chocolate. The trifle will now be my go-to passing dessert for parties. Thanks so much!!!
Wonderful dessert! I didn't have 4 hours to chill it, so I whipped everything to stiff peaks and stuck it in the freezer for ~30 minutes. The texture was wonderful. Next time, I'll give it enough time to chill to see if it makes a difference. Great recipe...simple and delish! Thank you :)