Recipe by Mia in Germany
Hazelnut, chocolate and coffee - what can I say... I used rice milk in this, but of course you can use any kind of milk. Also I used 85 % chocolate and for sweetener rice syrup but tried one batch with honey for DH as well. He loved the honey flavor, so I'll post it with honey. As the rice milk already is sweet, one tablespoon sweetener was plenty, but if you prefer sweeter, increase sweetener to taste.
Top Review by Jostlori
Sorry for the late review - I made this delicious drink on a stormy San Diego day back in February. It was absolutely heavenly, though I did cut the honey by half. Next time I make this, I will definitely try BK's suggestion of a spinkle of coarse salt. Mmmmm! Made for Beverage Tag.
- 1 ounce espresso, brewed
- 3⁄4 cup milk, any kind
- 1⁄2 ounce dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew espresso.
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients including brewed espresso. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring constatly, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute, still stirring.
- Pour the hot mix into blender and blend on high for 5 seconds.
- Serve, maybe garnished with whipped cream.