Recipe by DoveChocolatierinKY
I am making this delish dessert for Thanksgiving. I saw it on MSNBC this past Saturday, and never want to lose the recipe, so I'm posting it here giving credit to those who own the recipe. The recipe does not give suggestions how to display the dessert. They displayed it as a round decorated cake, so be creative. I will use the rectangle pan as they suggest since it is my first time to do this recipe, however I am going to make a whipped cream to decorate the top and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. The family from Fresco restaurant in New York serves up a holiday meal with some tasty rice dishes. Check out this recipe. The Scottos 12 servings
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 cup nutella
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Coat 13- by 19- inch glass pan with vegetable spray.
- Over medium heat, whisk together milk and Nutella in a heavy bottomed 4-quart saucepan. Add cinnamon and rice and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, egg yolks and sugar. Temper a small amount of the hot liquid into the eggs.
- Combine egg mixture with remaining milk mixture, add nuts and bake in a water bath for 40 minutes. Cool 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot or cover and refrigerate.