Recipe by Brandess
I found this on the Internet and made a few modifications. This is a great recipe for Evil Nutella.I call it evil because it is addicting!
- 1⁄2 cup nutella
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shortening, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill or use your favorite blend, one that already includes the Xanthum Gum)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In your Kitchen Aid mixer with paddle arm (you could use electric hand mixer). Beat Nutella, butter and shortening together with sugar. Beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes until really really fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, continue beating.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add flour to wet ingredients.
- Beat very well.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 9 square pan. Bake 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- I would also recommend allowing it to sit in the oven as it's cooling - crack the door a little - this will keep it from falling like mine did. Allow to cool completely before cutting.