Made this recipe up myself after finding out I didn't have enough p.b. to make my usual p.b. granola. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. As most granola's go, feel free to add/delete ingredients to your own likes/dislikes.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put brown sugar, nutella, and oil in a microwave safe dish and heat in the microwave for 1 minute or until warmed thru enough to mix all together. (adjust time accordingly).
- Pour over the oatmeal mix and stir to coat using a wooden spoon.
- Spread onto a 11x15 inch cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for two hours, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss in raisins/craisin.
- Cool before placing in an airtight container.
- (I put mine in a big zip-lock bag and put it in the freezer to pull out whenever.).
Every bit as good as it sounds! I used hazelnuts, almonds, raisins and dried apricots.
I made this for my boys but I am snacking away on it myself! Not too sweet and lots of fibre so I don't feel guilty at all! Went ahead and made this when I thought that I had flax meal but didn't, so I just added a little bit more almonds and sunflower seeds. This will be great on yogurt! Made for Kittencal's strawberry tag. Thanks CoffeeB! :)
This is so delicious and nutritious! Made as directed. Next time I will double the nuts as another reviewer suggested. I also appreciate how well-written the directions are. Thanks, CoffeeB! Made for Pool Party Tag.