From "Everyday Italian" on the Food Network.
Make and share this Nutella Gelato recipe from Food.com.
- Heat milk and cream in saucepan.
- Add sugar and whisk together to dissolve sugar over low heat.
- Add yolks and rest of sugar and blend until yolks thicken (several minutes).
- Add vanilla.
- Add a little milk to egg mix and slowly beat.
- Add egg mix to milk.
- Simmer until it is thick custard, whisking from time to time.
- Add Nutella and keep stirring until blended well. Let cool.
- Process in ice cream maker!