Recipe by Redsie
From Baking Bites. Can't wait to try them as I love love love Nutella!!
Top Review by sea chef
i added a tbsp of cocoa and 2 tbspns greek yoghurt, didnt need to swirl but left a lttle mixture so i could top the muffins, forming little nutella pockets. served with a dollop of ganache on top. was a great quick recipe
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 teaspoons nutella (1 teaspoon for each cupcakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy,about 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don’t worry if the batter doesn’t look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon , fill each muffin liner with batter. They should be 3/4 full, if you’re not using a scoop. Top each cake with 1 heaping teaspoon of Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.