Recipe by MammaBear23
I found this recipe on the web somewhere through one of the Diabetes newsletters I get in my email. I don't remember where so if you happen to know who the author is I will gladly update it here. I have not made these myself but would like to soon. Putting it here for safe keeping. The author of the original recipe added a note to say that this recipe also works well with a mixture of half cake flour and half white whole wheat flour. Prep time is estimated.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter or 10 tablespoons soft baking butter with canola oil or 10 tablespoons smart balance butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup nutella
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter or butter substitute for 2 minutes until light.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing in well.
- Add the milk and the vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Fill tins 3/4 full.
- Place 1 1/2 tsp Nutella on top of each cupcake and swirl with toothpick.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.