Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from recipegoldmine.com. I was looking for Nutella recipes and no one has posted this one. I made a variation of this with walnuts instead of hazelnuts and didn't roll in nuts just the confecioners sugar. They turned out great but I did find I had to bake them about 15 minutes to get the middle done and to crackle on top. I didn't count my cookies so maybe I made them too big. I think you could make them with any nuts you have on hand, the Nutella flavour is still there.UPDATE..In the picture I made them with hazelnuts but I didn't notice any difference in taste than when I made them with walnuts. Walnuts I get free and hazelnuts are so expensive to buy.
- Preheat oven to 375*F Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat Nutella and shortening in a large bowl until combined.
- Add sugar and mix until combined, beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and milk alternately and mix until just combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts.
- Cover and chill several hours until firm.
- Shape into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll in finely chopped hazelnuts, then in confectioners sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes-surface should be cracked and cookies set.
- Makes about 70.
These cookies were a total success I made them for my daughter's birthday party and they were gone in no time!
These are really good... I've been on a quest to make homemade nutella lately, so I've got several batches made up that the kids didn't like. I used them in this recipe and the kids went nuts (heh. No pun intended.) I left out the nuts in the recipe because we don't like crunch in our cookies, but otherwise they are great. Didn't bother to chill... baked for 11 minutes and they were fine.
These were wonderful and moist. I'll add this recipe to my list of nutella favorites.