This is from recipegoldmine.com. I was looking for Nutella recipes and no one has posted this one. I made a variation of this with walnuts instead of hazelnuts and didn't roll in nuts just the confecioners sugar. They turned out great but I did find I had to bake them about 15 minutes to get the middle done and to crackle on top. I didn't count my cookies so maybe I made them too big. I think you could make them with any nuts you have on hand, the Nutella flavour is still there.UPDATE..In the picture I made them with hazelnuts but I didn't notice any difference in taste than when I made them with walnuts. Walnuts I get free and hazelnuts are so expensive to buy.
- Preheat oven to 375*F Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat Nutella and shortening in a large bowl until combined.
- Add sugar and mix until combined, beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and milk alternately and mix until just combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts.
- Cover and chill several hours until firm.
- Shape into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll in finely chopped hazelnuts, then in confectioners sugar.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes-surface should be cracked and cookies set.
- Makes about 70.