1 hr 10 mins
If you like Nutella and you like rugelach, you will LOVE these cookies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Cream the sugar with the butter and cream cheese.
- 2Blend in the flour, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla extract.
- 3Stir to make a soft dough, adding a little flour as necessary if dough is too sticky.
- 4Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and pat into a flattened disk.
- 5Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or overnight.
- 6(Food processor method: Use the steel knife and place the flour, salt, cocoa and sugar in the work bowl. Drop in the butter and cream cheese in chunks. Process until ingredients blend and dough forms a mass or ball (this may take a minute or two). Remove from processor and sprinkle on a little flour to keep dough from being too sticky. Wrap in plastic and chill 30 to 60 minutes or overnight.).
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 9Divide dough in half. Roll each portion into a 10-inch circle on a well-floured board.
- 10Be careful as dough is delicate.
- 11Spread chocolate filling on dough, then sprinkle on sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- 12Roll up each edge into a miniature crescent. If using jam, spread on jam, then sprinkle on sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- 13Brush with beaten egg white.
- 14Bake until done - about 25 minutes.
- 15Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutella Cream Cheese Rugelach
Serving Size: 1 (846 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4056.2
- Calories from Fat 2362
- Total Fat 262.5 g
- Saturated Fat 104.1 g
- Cholesterol 371.6 mg
- Sodium 1118.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 388.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.4 g
- Sugars 257.5 g
- Protein 49.3 g