Recipe by kmccart
I had these cookies for the first time at a football tailgate and they were so delicious that we were all amazed to find out that one of the guys had made them. He got the original recipe from a tailgating website and they are way too delicious and easy not to pass on.
Top Review by Papillon Luv'r
Followed the recipe exactly. I toasted my hazelnuts on a slow burner, tossing in a skillet for about 1/2 hr. They were rolled in a towel as suggested to take the skins off before chopping. Turned out quite nicely. They set up after sitting a bit and are easier to handle.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- approx. 26 oz nutella (one large jar)
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In one bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In the bowl of a mixer, cream the butter and the two sugars until all is integrated and fluffy.
- 3. Mix in the Nutella, followed by the chopped hazelnuts. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- 4. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl in three increments, integrating each one before adding the next.
- 5. Chill dough while oven preheats to 350°F Scoop the dough into balls and bake for about 10 minutes.