Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Per request, a recipe from a handbook I got in the mail of Nutella recipes. Looks like alot of work but should be great:)
- 1 sheet puff pastry (can be found in most frozen food sections of grocery store near cakes & pastries)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- ---For Nutella Butterscotch Bars---.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a rolling pan on a floured surface, roll the puff pastry to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Prick the dough several times with a fork, covering the surface of the pastry.
- Place the dough on a foil-lined cookie sheet& freeze for 15 minutes.
- Then, bake for 10 minutes, until dough is golden brown in color.
- Set aside to cool.
- ---Butterscotch Brittle----.
- Line another baking sheet with greased aluminum foil.
- In a 2 quart, heavy bottom saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and butter over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cover tightly with a lid and boil for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and cook until sugar mixture turns a deep golden color.
- Slowly stir in the baking soda and pour mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Allow the butterscotch mixture to cool completely, then break into 1 inch or smaller squares.
- In a medium bowl, stir Nutella, eggs, flour& mini chocolate chips.
- Stir in 1 up of the butterscotch brittle pieces (the remaining brittle are for snackin!).
- Spread the mixture onto the puff pastry leaving a 1 inch border.
- Turn the oven down to 350°F and bake the bars for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the bars are done, the top will crack slightly and the center will have a creamy texture.
- Allow the bars to completely cool and cut with pizza wheel or sharp knife.
This recipe was really good, however it was my first time using puff pastry so I may not have rolled it out as big as I was suppose to so when I put all the filling on it, after it was done baking, it was really heavy when I tried to move it and it cracked apart! I think this may have been my falut, which is my reason for no review! But the filling was really delcious!(I was able to get one corner piece to try!) Thanks for the recipe, it was still nice to try despite MY difficulties!