Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from the Nutella web site and uses a cake mix!!! My idea of heaven, cake mix for a Nutella cake. Easy and scrumptous! If you don't want to use the liquor, substitute hazelnut syrup.
- 1 cup nutella, divided
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and flour 10 inch Bundt pan(I use Baker's Joy spray).
- In a small bowl whisk together 2/3 cup Nutella and 1 egg.
- Blend until completely smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on low, stir together cake mix, 3 remaining eggs, buttermilk, and remaining 1/3 cup Nutella until moistened.
- Scrape down sides and increase speed to medium for 3 minutes more.
- Remove 1 cup batter and mix into nutella/egg mixture.
- Pour batter from large bowl into Bundt pan.
- Spoon nutella batter over it and using a knife, gently swirl batters together to create a marble pattern.
- Smooth top of cake batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake has moist crumbs that stick to it.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.
- Carefully invert onto cooling rack and remove pan.
- While cake cools, make glaze.
- Whisk together confectioners sugar and Frangelico liquor until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake.
This cake is so good! I made it for a women's ministry meeting and everyone loved it! Very easy.A must for a nutella lover!
Excellent cake. I followed the recipe exactly except I also added some Frangelico to the batter. After the glaze set, I thought there was no alcohol taste at all. I will definitely make this again, thanks a lot!
This was so good and very easy! I baked it the night before our Mother's Day lunch. The cake turned out a bit small, which I liked more than some of these bundt monstrosities that you see at the store. I thought the flavors were complex and delicious. Instead of the glaze, I just laced fresh whipped cream with frangelica. I also used an organic cake mix for flavor and health purposes. Now what shall I do with the leftover nutella? hmmmmmm >:}