Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet brioche dough is filled with creamy nutella for a rich, warm breakfast treat. Submitted to a French recipe site by Maud Favre. Some reviews suggested adding additional sugar to the bread dough. The cooking time will vary slightly based on the thickness of your rolls, which is why the cooking time varies so much.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 2 tsp flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast (1 packet)
- 1 egg
- scant 1/4 cup milk, warm
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup nutella
- honey (optional)
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Pour in the yeast, add the egg and melted butter. Mix with a spatula gradually incorporating the warm milk.
- Knead until the dough is soft, and not sticky (additional flour or milk may be needed.) Cover with a clean cloth and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours, up to overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 8" x 16" rectangle.
- Spread dough with a thin layer of nutella, leaving a 1" border around the edges. Roll up lengthwise (like a cinnamon roll) and slice into 1.5" rounds. Arrange on a pan, and let rise 1 hour. Brush with honey and sprinkle with almond slivers.
- Bake at 400* for 10-20 minutes, until golden. Enjoy warm.