Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse and Pure Dessert by Alice Medrich
- oil, for greasing pan
- 59.14 ml nutella
- 8 slice bread, crusty day old (about 4 cups when cut into 1/2-inch cubes, or 8 slices nutella babka)
- 4 large eggs
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml milk (soy is fine)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 by 8-inch square pan with oil.
- Spread Nutella on four slices of bread and top with remaining pieces of bread. Cut the sandwiches into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla until very smooth. Stir in milk and add the bread. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until the pudding is set in the center, about 55 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Slather the top with more Nutella, if desired. Bread pudding is best hot out of the oven, or refrigerated after a day. Microwaving it makes it rubbery.
This was nice but the nutella taste didn't really shine through as I would have liked, I think it should be spread on all 8 slices of bread. I served with yoghurt for a brekky treat. Thanks for posting!