This is the perfect way to end a meal on a cold wintry day, and the leftovers are great the following day! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with unsalted butter.
- Make 6 sandwiches with the bread and nutella. Cut each sandwich into 6 to 8 pieces. Pile the sandwich pieces into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, salt, and vanilla and cook over medium heat until warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs. Slowly add the cream mixture, stirring constantly to make sure the eggs do not cook.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, removing the foil after about 20 minutes. The finished pudding will be golden brown on top.
- Allow the pudding to rest for at least ten minutes before serving.