Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From our local paper, these are my kinda cookies, simple, utilizing two major food groups, peanut butter and chocolate. I usually don't bake cookies for Christmas, but I will be doing these. (For the kids, of course).
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup baking mix or 1 cup pancake mix
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄2 cup nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- In a large mixing bowl use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream together butter, peanut butter, granulated and brown sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix to combine.
- Reduce speed and add baking mix, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in toffee chips.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes at 325*.
- Remove to a wrire rack to cool.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir together Nutella, milk and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Dip top of cooled cookies into glaze and dry on wax paper.
These cookies are outstanding. My entire family loved them. The only trouble I had was my cookies kept breaking as I tried dipping them into the topping so I stopped trying to dip and I drizzled the topping on instead. Thanks for an excellent recipe.
Very good cookies. They took 17 minutes to cook though. Really easy to make. As much as I love Nutella, I think, I liked the cookie better with out the nutella glaze. that's just me though. I will make these again. But I will leave off the glaze. The cookie is sweet enough with out it.