Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The Cookbook Chronicles blog.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups demerara sugar (if unavailable, sub either light or dark brown sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup nutella
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 7x11 pan with parchment paper.
- In a pan, melt all the butter over medium heat, taking care that it doesn’t burn. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, demerara sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Stir in the melted butter, salt, vanilla, flour, baking soda, and baking powder. (Mixture will be quite thick.).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Dollop the Nutella over the surface of the batter, and swirl the tip of a knife in the Nutella to get a pretty, freestyle pattern.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking frequently to make sure the blondies don’t overbake.
- The blondies are done when the batter is puffed and golden, and is still a little moist in the middle.
- The blondies will collapse slightly once they come out of the oven, and will harden into slice-able pieces in about an hour.
Absolutely to die for! Looks very tempting too, with the Nutella swirl.