Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Per request, another tasty looking recipe from my Nutella handbook I got in the mail! (Cook time is refrigeration time)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3⁄4 cup nutella, warmed slightly & divided (see instructions)
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese& sugar with electric mixer for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the 1/2 cup heavy cream with the Nutella, leaving no lumps.
- Whip the remaining heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Divide the cream in half, folding half into cream cheese mixture and half into the Nutella mixture.
- Alternately spoon the 2 batters into the pie crust, creating layers.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve!
- ----To Warm Nutella----.
- In microwave, heat on high for 5 seconds in microwavable bowl.
- Or, on low heat on a stove until mixture becomes creamy.
- To help the heavy cream whip faster, freeze the bowl and beaters for 5-10 minutes before adding the liquid.
Thanks for the idea to use this recipe layered in parfait glasses because that's just what I did and it turned out Fantastic! I put some cookie crumbs in the bottom of the glass, then layered the cream cheese and nutella with more crumbs, put some whipped cream on top and then stuck a whole cookie sideways into the cream along with a strawberry garnish. Conversation died while my guests focused on their glasses, spooning up the delicious fluff and licking their lips with smiles on their faces. This is just a great make ahead dessert.
This is great! I made a slight change - I added 1/4 of a cup of sugar to the whipped cream to make sure everything was duly sweet throughout. Also - When I was beating the cream cheese and sugar I added about a tablespoon or two of cream to make sure that it was pliable enough to easily fold in the whipped cream. It's light and velvety yet rich and wonderful!
What an impressive, delicious dessert. I made individual parfait servings with cookie crumbs and served in beautiful crystal water glasses. It was so easy to make and everyone was surprised by its lightness.