Recipe by Micki Lea
I have not tried this recipe yet, so I'm putting it here for safe keeping. I love Nutella and Biscotti and figure you can't go wrong to combine the two.
Top Review by lorinoble
really tasty and easy. After much searching I finally found a perfect biscotti pan on amazon.com. It's made by USA pans and has a ribbed silicone layer. With a light coat of spray the biscotti popped right out. The full recipe fits just right, no shaping etc. No I'm not selling anything,just wanted to share a great find.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nutella
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add sugar and continue beating on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Nutella.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and hazelnuts, if using.
- Divide dough into 2 or 3 logs with well floured hands and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press logs into rectangles approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn down oven heat to 300°F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/3-1/2 inch slices. Arrange on baking sheet and return to oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turn biscotti over and bake an additional 10-12 minutes (depending on the thickness of your slices).
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.