I have not tried this recipe yet, so I'm putting it here for safe keeping. I love Nutella and Biscotti and figure you can't go wrong to combine the two.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add sugar and continue beating on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Nutella.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and hazelnuts, if using.
- Divide dough into 2 or 3 logs with well floured hands and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press logs into rectangles approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn down oven heat to 300°F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/3-1/2 inch slices. Arrange on baking sheet and return to oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turn biscotti over and bake an additional 10-12 minutes (depending on the thickness of your slices).
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.