Recipe by Laka
Creamy #Nutella is hiding inside these absolutely scrumptious #muffins topped with brown sugar and cinnamon. Muffins stay fresh in an airtight container up to 1 week. Frozenl, up to 3 months.
- 75 g butter, softened to room temperature
- 100 g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate, drops
- 8 teaspoons nutella
- 1⁄4 cup muscovado sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 45 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl of an electric or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Gently stir in, until barely combined, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and chocolate drops.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into the greased or lined with muffin paper liners muffin cavity. Layer with 1 teaspoon Nutella in the center and spoon another heaping tablespoon of batter on top. Repeat layering batter and Nutella into each muffin tin (8-9 muffins). Fill the empty muffin tins halfway with water for even baking.
- Bake the muffins at 220?C for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 180?C and bake for an additional 13-17 minutes until batter is set. Allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon-sugar topping. Melt the butter. In a separate small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the top of each muffin into the melted butter and dip into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Swirl them around in the cinnamon-sugar a bit to make sure you get a thick coating. Set upright on cooling rack.