Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this on Kidspot's website, yum!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup nutella
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease and line a 11cm x 21cm loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugars.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients with mashed banana and fold until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Using a teaspoon, drop the Nutella across the top of the mixture, then mix it into the cake mix by inserting a cake skewer or a knife into the cake batter and swirling it around a couple of time.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Turn out onto a rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Would you believe I registered on the website to review this recipe! LOL.<br/><br/>It was amazing, the recipe, as well as the process was simple. I did get a goose-bump or two when I combined the egg,oil mixture with the dry ingredients. The batter became too powdery, and something started nagging inside of me to add some milk or water....and I went through the recipe thrice to see if there was any liquid AT ALL! I told myself to take a chill pill and let the chef handle the situation, and continued with adding the mashed bananas, and viola! It was simply perfect.<br/><br/>Since I have a 5L oven, I had to work my math a bit with the gas marks. Instead of baking at 200C, I preheated my oven at 180C and then while baking I brought it down to 145C and baked for 60 minutes, as told in the recipe.<br/><br/>Glad I tried it. It was amazing. and the aroma...*sigh*
This is so yummy. I baked it at 350 F for 60 minutes. Thanks Mandy :) Made for Alphabet chef tag game