Recipe by Trisha W
Another holiday recipe (or anytime) that I picked up from somewhere a few years ago. This mixture also makes a nice gift.
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter a shallow baking pan (15"x10") with 1" sides.
- Stir together the popcorn, nuts and melted butter and sprinkle lightly with the salt.
- Spread this mixture in the buttered pan.
- Combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup bringing to a boil, stirring constantly, over a medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes until it turns a light caramel color.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over the popcorn and nuts and toss to coat.
- Spread the mixture out to cool and harden.
- Break apart after hardened and store in loosely covered container.
- Eat at home for a snack and/or give some to a friend as a holiday treat.