Recipe by Tierney's Mom
This wonderful pie comes from a Celestial Seasonings tea box. I make this with all almonds and it is a great addition to a holiday table.
- 2 nutcracker sweet tea bags (Celestial Seasonings)
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate
- 78.07 ml butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml unsalted nuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (Pillsbury)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, steep two Nutcracker Sweet tea bags in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags, and lower the heat to simmer.
- Add chocolate and butter, stirring until melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, nuts, eggs, and mix well.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, alone or with whipped cream.