Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is used in the blue cheese dressing, which follows. It can also be served alone. The Nut Tree Restaurant was an old landmark near Sacramento California. It has been closed for serveral years now.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups salad oil
- 1 tablespoon slightly beaten egg white
- Combine all ingredients, beating well.
- Store in covered jar in refrigerator.
- Shake or beat well before serving.
- If a milder dressing is desired, add 1/4 to 1/3 more salad oil and mix well.