Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are my alltime favorite cookies. My mother has been making these since I was little. I am not much of a sweets person but I'll make an exception for these tasty treats. They have a sweet buttery flavor that is to die for and I love the combination of textures with the golden crispy edges and moist middle. I'm sure you will be a fan as well after one bite.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- Soften butter and combine with sugar (mixing well).
- Beat the eggs and then add to them to your butter/sugar mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract and continue mixing well.
- In a separate bowl sift together your dry ingredients (flour, chopped walnuts and salt).
- Finally add your dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until batter is smooth.
- Using a tablespoonful, drop batter unto your cookie sheet leaving a couple inches space in between each cookie as they will spread while baking.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
- Let cool for two minutes before removing.
- Remove with a spatula and carefully loosen edges on all sides so cookies will not fall apart.
- These are best served right out of the oven with a large glass of milk. Enjoy!
I have been looking for this recipe for a couple of years. It is my husbands favorite. I had it, but it was lost...Thanks for posting! You must watch these like a hawk! They will burn very fast, also using parchment paper is key, take them out when they are golden on the edges only.
A lovely cookie with crisp edges and a cake like center. Very mild flavor. Be very careful about oven temperature and time as they can burn easily.
Oh my, I think I have just found my new favorite cookie!!! So quick and easy to make and we loved the crispy edges and soft moist middle. Definitely allow a couple of inches between cookies as they do spread out. It just doesn't get any better than this. Thanks for sharing Brew City Chef!!!