Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another old recipe I found in my grandmothers recipe box. I can hardly read the recipe card, and it doesnt say how many this makes. I am going to guesstimate and say 3 dozen. I really have no idea, so please dont reply on my guesstimate. You can use a variety of finely chopped nuts in this recipe. Use approximately 2 cups of nuts, more or less to your desired amount. Cooking time is to make one batch. I have no idea how many this makes, like i said, so the yield is a GUESSTIMATE... please be aware that the yield is unknown!
- Cream butter in a medium bowl, and then gradually add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, and beat well.
- Then fold in the flour a little at a time, blending well after each addition; then add vanilla, and mix through.
- Chill dough for several hours.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough and roll into 1 1/3 inch x 1/4 inch sticks.
- Roll sticks in finely chopped nuts.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees F, for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- You can also squeeze the dough through a cookie press, and roll in nuts.
- bake, and cool.