Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe! It's very easy too. I make mine with almonds, but I have tried pecans and it was equally good.I put pieces of the candy in mini muffin cup papers, go give for gifts. I hope you will try and enjoy! Times are guestimated, as I'm usually too busy to time things around the holidays!
- 1 cup almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Butter a 9-inch aquare pan.Spread nuts in bottom. In medium saucepqn, heat sugar and butter to boiling. Be careful not top burn. Stir constantly for 7 minutes.
- Immediately spread mixture over the nuts. Evenly sprinkle chips on top.
- Cover pan to allow contained heat to melt chocolate. Spread melted chocolate over candy. ut into 1-1/2-inch squares while still hot. Chill until firm.
I got a recipe almost identical to this from an old Betty Crocker cookbook, but you use pecans. It comes out perfect every time and is always the first treat people ask if I am making at the holidays. It's fantastic!