Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
You can buy broken or cashew pieces for this which are a lot cheaper then whole cashews and for this recipe they are more convenient. If you don't have panko, you can substitute with breadcrumbs.
- 1 vegetarian beef stock cube
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib
- 12 ounces cashew pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the garlic, salt and stock cube stirring for abount 1-2 minutes.
- Add half the wine and dissolve the stock.
- Add the carrot and chopped celery, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cashews and remaining wine. Heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the panko or breadcrumbs.
- Taste the mixture before adding the salt and pepper. Adjust these to your taste.
- Bake in oven at 325F for 30 minutes.