Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Planters' alternative to a traditional pastry pie crust. With Splenda substituted for the sugar, it would be an ideal crust for low carbers.
- 2 cups ground salted peanuts or 2 cups walnuts or 2 cups pecans or 2 cups almonds
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or equivalent amount of sugar substitute)
- Combine the ground nuts, butter and sugar.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool and fill, as desired.
This was a great healthy crust that I used for a sugar free cheesecake. I used splenda for the crust and it tasted great with the cheesecake. I prefer this so much more than a regular crust and I was able to use up part of a big jar of almonds that were starting to collect oil at the bottom. Thanks!
This crust worked out wonderfully for us. We took 4 1 oz boxes of sugar free jello cheesecake pudding mix , mixed it with 20 oz of crushed pineapple. Poured it into the cooled shell and topped it with sugar free cool whip , chilled it and YUM!. The crust held up very well to cutting , we used Splenda and baked it for 10 minutes. This recipe has been printed and added to my hard copy Zaar cookbook. Thank you for posting :)