Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup of chopped nuts or 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- This recipe will make about 2 dozen cakes depending on how you pour them.
- Mix and then sift all the dry ingrediants into a bowl.
- Add the well-beaten egg to the liquid.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingrediants very gradually, and stir quickly.
- Now add the melted butter, egg whites.
- Hint: Turning the pancake more than once makes it firm.
These are one of my son's favorite breakfast items. The nut flavor is such a surprise.
Oh these pancake recipes are the best! Watch out IHOP! (International House of Pancakes)
Mimi, I thought these pancakes were really good! I put the nuts(pecans) in the blender and ground them fine so my DH could eat them. I loved the nut flavor! We all gave these 5 thumbs up!