1/1 Photo of Nut Milk Rice Pudding
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
Since I have gone low carb I don't eat a lot of rice. But, like everyone else, now and again I crave things I shouldn't eat. This recipe makes just enough for two servings, one for me and one for my DH, which was perfect. I garnished my pudding with fresh organic strawberries, roasted nuts and fresh mint from my garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup nuts (I used roasted almonds, but you can use whatever you like)
- 1 cup water (filtered)
- 1/2 cup rice (uncooked-I used Jasmine)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar (or other sweetener to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh ground please)
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1Preheat your oven to 350'F. I used my toaster oven. It works perfect for these small items. Roast for about 8 minutes, but keep an eye on them, they roast quite fast. Remove when done and cool on a heat proof dish or plate.
- 2In a medium saucepan bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the jasmine rice and stir for about 60 seconds. Cover with a tight fitting lid, turn down to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- 3Once again this depends on your stove. The best way to tell if its ready is to check and see if all the liquid is absorbed. If it is, chances are its ready.
- 4If ready, add the vanilla and maple extracts, stir in, then add the nut milk and nutmeg and return to a simmer cook uncovered for about 8 minutes until the milk is absorbed into the rice. This should be thickened up as well.
- 5Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick. Add in the agave or whatever sweetener you choose and stir to combine.
- 6Remove from heat, cool slightly and spoon into dessert bowls. Garnish with you strawberries, nuts and mint if using.
- 7You should let these cool down in the fridge for several hours or over night for the best flavour to develop.
- 8Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nut Milk Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 468.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: