Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was posted for a request for nut-less rum balls. Prep-time is a bit of a guess, and doesn't include refrigeration time.
- 125 g dark chocolate
- 50 g marshmallows (about 12)
- 1 (110 g) can reduced cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons rum
- 60 g glace ginger
- 125 g dark chocolate, extra
- 15 g Copha (Copha is a solid, white, vegetable shortening)
- Chop chocolate roughly, halve marshmallows.
- Combine cream and sugar in small saucepan (with base about 15cm in diameter), stir over moderate heat until sugar is dissolved Increase heat, boil as rapidly as possible, stirring briskly and constantly for about 4 minutes, or until mixture just begins to change colour and catch on base of saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate and marshmallows, add rum and stir until marshmallows and chocolate are melted, cool mixture to room temperature.
- Take level teaspoons of mixture, roll into balls, press a small piece of ginger (about the size of a pea) into centre, place balls on foil covered tray and refrigerate several hours.
- Melt extra chocolate and copha over simmering water, dip balls into chocolate, return them to the foil covered tray and refrigerate until set.