Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Crunchy koftas and creamy yoghurt are one of my favourites. I like to put these in a pita but sometimes I eat them straight from the grill pan.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 425 g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 125 g ground almonds
- 75 g chopped almonds
- 1 egg
- plain flour, for dusting
- 8 wooden skewers
- 200 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a pan and fry onion for 5 minutes. Add chili, garlic and curry paste and mix well.
- Place onion mix, beans, almonds, egg and seasoning in a processor and blend until mixture comes together.
- Flour your hands and divide the mixture into 8. Take a portion and form it into a sausage shape around one of the skewers. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Brush with the remaining oil and grill under a moderate grill until golden, turning once.
- Mix the yoghurt and mint together.
- Mix the lemon juice and oil together, season if desired.
- Brush the koftas with the lemon oil and serve with the yoghurt.