Recipe by Potluck
Id figure the calories in a batch of these,but I can't count that high--and I really don't want to know.
Top Review by Liz_L
My mother has been making these as long as I can remember, as part of her Christmas cookie trays. They are my absolute favorite and a staple for my Christmas baking as well. Since the recipe isn't clear, you DO NOT want the instant vanilla pudding; use the kind you cook. These are definitely a treat!
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 (18 ounce) jar peanut butter
- 1 -16 ounce dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla pudding mix (dry)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt together chocolate and butterscotch chips with peanut butter.
- Spread half mixture in jellyroll pan.
- To other half, add peanuts; set aside.
- In saucepan combine, butter, pudding and milk. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add powder sugar and flavoring. Beat and then spread over first layer.
- Cool in refrigerator. Spread remainder of chocolate-peanut butter mixture on top. Keep refrigerated. Can be frozen.